Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:22:01 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   netscape plugins

I'm always frustrated when visiting a site (using netscape 4.6 under FreeBSD )
which requires a certain plugin to be loaded. E.g. Macromedia Flash
or AIFF.

When I click the 'Get Plugin' button I'm directed to the netscape
plugin page and I'm told that unfortunately there cannot be a suitable
plugin found for my type of OS. :-(

For one, is there a way to masqerade as being another OS (like Linux) -
I know, FreeBSDers don't like that from their nonconformistic attitude
anyway :-) but just a 'small lie' out of necessity.

OTOH, if anyone has a compiled list of the most common plugins that work
under FreeBSD please could you post them here.