Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:16:55 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   consistency-check error messages

Following some suggestions in the recent thread "Port Management", I
decided to try running the script
/usr/ports/Tools/scripts/consistency-check. Now I wonder if anyone can help
me understand the output. What does it mean, "only on filesystem"? Does
that mean that a file on my filesystem is in a port but the port has never
been installed? I took a quick look at the script, but it's not commented
and I can't figure out what the logical tests are determining.

What about the many entries, "for ... md5 ... is DIFFERENT from fs md5
...". Does anything need to be done about it? I haven't checked yet, but my
first suspicion is that this is from a port being newer than the one I have
installed.
--
Roger