Date:      Mon, 08 Oct 2001 11:57:07 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Philipp Westphal (aka Wasa)" <wasa@dark-waves.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Think Pad 600

Philipp,

Unfortunately there is no tpctl for FreeBSD, do you need to use the
DOS ps2 utility. You can download this as a bootable floppy image from
the IBM web site. (See the archives for several references.)

I have a 600E which uses Crystal Audio and is not a Sound Blaster
clone, so I can't help too much. If you really have a Crystal Sound
audio chip, use the kernel config line:
device pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10
Remove the sbc line.
Run the following script to edit the /sys/conf/files file to properly
configure the kernel for the rather odd way the IBM handles this card.
#!/bin/sh
perl -pi.orig -e "s@(dev/sound/pci/csa.c\s+optional pcm)@#\1@g;s@(csapcm.c\s+optional) pcm@\1 csa pcm@g" /sys/conf/files

Internal modem support is available by installing the mwavem port.

You might want to checkout the FreeBSD Laptop page at:
http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~dkulp/fbsd/laptop.html

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)