Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:46:58 -0500
From:      "Brandon DeYoung" <brandon@schoolpeople.net>
To:        "Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios" <kernel@tdnet.com.br>, <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: tired of bad qulaity hardware

> 0) Motherboards,
Gotta go with Asus A7V as long as you don't need more than 1.5 GB RAM.
Get the "Athlon tested" PC133 from www.mushkin.com
> 2) SCSI Controllers,
Adaptec AHA-2940U2W or any of the 2940 line have always been solid.
> 3) NIC,
Intel Pro/100 line
> 2) Hard Disks.
For SCSI, IBM or Seagate.
For IDE I've become a big fan of Maxtor recently, but IBM is good as well.
I've had very bad luck with Western Digital lately.

Just my favorites,
~Brandon