Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 03:36:06 -0400
From:      "Clay R. Smith" <claysmith@upstate.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dual-booting FreeBSD and Windows95???

More I read and learn about Unix and similar operating systems, more I
consider installing it on my machine.  Unfortunately, I can not afford
even a low-end 486 like the one I am using now.  Therefore, if
installed, it will have to be on my current computer.  I can not drop my
current system for one I am not even sure that I will ever understand.

I was told that FreeBSD is capable of working alongside up to five other
operating systems.  Is this true?  My i486, 8mb IBM PS/1 computer is
equiped with a 850mb, software overlay-dependent drive and a 85mb drive.
Currently, I do not have a need for the second drive; therefore, I want
to make it my FreeBSD drive and remain using Windows95 on the other?

If possible, how can I do this?  Also, are there utilities capable of
reading MSDOS diskettes for FreeBSD?

Thanks in advance,
-Clay R. Smith (claysmith@upstate.net)

P.S.  If possible, could you reply as soon as possible, so that I will
have answer before I leave for vacation on July 1st.