Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 15:21:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jimd@mistery.mcafee.com (Jim Dennis)
Cc:        mrl@teleport.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bounce buffers

> 	Basically it's one of the warts that the PC architecture as
> 	developed in it's old age.  This is a natural effect of
> 	growing *far* beyond your initial design.

Or bad assumptions in the initial design, anyway -- the same reason
DOS disks are addressed by C/H/S instead of by absolute sector at
the INT 21 and INT 13 interface level.

> Jim Dennis,
> System Administrator,
> McAfee Associates

Hmmmmm... McAfee...

Recently, there was a question on using a program under BSD to virus
check DOS partitions and programs and downloads, etc..

Any chance of a BSD port of your tools?

8-) 8-)

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org