Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 15:43:29 -0500
From:      "John Sanders" <moose@ebicom.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re: kernel rebuilding error v2.5

Hello,

Maybe this will help? I've made a few comments to your config file below.

>controller fdc0 at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2
>disk fd0 at fdc0 drive 0
>disk fd1 at fdc0 drive 1

Comment out that line ^, unless you really do have a second floppy drive.
(most people don't).

>options "CMD640" # work around CMD640 chip deficiency
>controller wdc0
>disk wd0 at wdc0 drive 0
>disk wd1 at wdc0 drive 1
>
>controller wdc1
>disk wd2 at wdc1 drive 0
>disk wd3 at wdc1 drive 1
>
>options ATAPI #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
>options ATAPI_STATIC #Don't do it as an LKM
>device acd0 #IDE CD-ROM
>device wfd0 #IDE Floppy (e.g. LS-120)

Comment out that line ^, Unless your floppy is on the IDE controller, this
would be an LS-120 drive ("super floppy" 120MB instead of 1.44MB). I'm
betting this is what is throwing your kernel off.

Hope that helps,

John
http://www.freebsdbox.com