Date:      Sun, 12 May 1996 21:23:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br (Joao Carlos Mendes Luis)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/daily crashing my 2.1.0 system

> Hi,
>
>   My system (2.1.0R) is crashing EVERYDAY at 2:00.  It seens to be a problem
> with the daily script.  Searching www.freebsd.org for old messages related
> to this problem I've confirmed that it's a bug in 2.1.0R, but I could not
> find a solution other than removing /etc/daily from the crontab.  Is there
> a better solution or a patch ?
>
> 					Jonny

Take a look and see if you have the same thing in both /etc/crontabs
and /var/cron/tabs/root -- if both are calling /etc/daily /etc/weekly
and /etc/monthly -- you may have the same problem that caused my
freeing free vnode problem.

Remove 'em from one of the crontab files and all gets better.

Bill
(should this be in a FAQ?)
 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 I'll run Win96 on my box when you pry the keyboard from my cold, dead
 hands.  FreeBSD, OS/2, CP/M, RT11, spoken here.