Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:31:55 +0100
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: device vt causes boot freeze

On 2006 Sep 13, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > Can I enable both sc and vt in device.hints?
>
> My impression from a very brief look at the code is that they cannot
> be active at the same time.

Sorry, what code?

But there is definitely no problem in building both sc and pcvt into the kernel, is there? Or is it advisable to make kernel with either sc or pcvt, but not both? The manual does not say the sc and pcvt cannot coexist in the same kernel. But all configuration files I've seen on the net are either with sc or with pcvt, not both.

I found that the same behaviour was reported as a bug in 2005 in 5.3-release:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/75887
and is still listed as open.

thanks
anton