Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 22:15:02 +0100
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing break in switch in nfsserver code ?

In message <58988.1052938933@critter.freebsd.dk>, Poul-Henning Kamp writes:

>FlexeLint warned me that there was a switch fall-through here.
>Can anybody say if this is intentional, or if a break is missing ?

Definitely intentional although that code is confusing. When a reply
comes from the server cache, the reply is sent to the client by the
RC_REPLY case. If the cache doesn't supply a reply, the operation
is performed by the RC_DOIT section, but the reply from the real
operation still needs to be sent so the code falls through to the
RC_REPLY case.

>If it is intentional, we should make it with "/* fall through */"

Good idea.

Ian