Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2007 15:07:43 +0900
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
To:        Andrew McDonald <andrew@mcdonald.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 Router Alert breaks forwarding

At Wed, 4 Apr 2007 22:18:15 +0100,
Andrew McDonald <andrew@mcdonald.org.uk> wrote:

> In the absence of a full fix, it would probably be a good idea to
> remove this unconditional check. This would avoid FreeBSD blocking IPv6
> packets with router alert set. However, I'm not sure if this would have
> an impact on MLD.

It does, so (while I see your point) the fix is not that trivial.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any specific application that
relies on the router alert option and suffers from the current
behavior?  Or are you just talking about stringent compliance with the
specification?

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.