Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 1997 16:00:32 +0930
From:      "Stavros Patiniotis" <stavros@esc.net.au>
To:        "Jonathan Lemon" <jlemon@americantv.com>, "Adam L. Simpson" <adam@netsonic.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Spammers Relay/use of SMTP

> On Sep 09, 1996 at 09:21:35AM -0500, Adam L. Simpson wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > Does anyone have a good way to stop spammers from using my mail server
as a
> > relay/smtp wothout shutting down smtp?
>
> Yup.  Go visit http://www.sendmail.org, and install one of the
> check_rcpt rulesets for your mailer.  This will allow you to
> limit who you want to relay to.

If you would like, I can post a *really* nice set of rule sets, which will
allow you to specify a (group of) host which can relay through your system
in the format of Class A,B,C or individually.  All the rulesets that where
listed in the sendmail pages required you to individually list each host!
(a pain in the ***).  Another really nice ruleset is the DNS lookup one in
which the RCPT address must resolve ;)

Seeya
stavros@esc.net.au