Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:42:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        David Leimbach <leimbacd@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Someone knowledgeable with ATAPI CD stuff...

It seems David Leimbach wrote:
> I am trying to write some user code that will enable me to select one of the
> four slots on my  ATAPI cd changer.

Why do you want that ? As it is now the driver "autoselects" the slot
that has access to it, that is you can mount all four CD's in a
changer an access them at will, the driver will do its best (well,
at least it does try :) ), to select around the active CD's so
all get their fair share. However doing hefty IO on all CD's in a
changer will probably eat you changer mechanism for lunch :)

> I have noticed there is no explicit IOCTL for this function but that the the
> acd_softc struct does indeed have both a slot entry and a struct acd_softc **
> which points to the softc's of changer slots.

There is no need for such an ioctl, the driver will issue commands to
the right slot all by itself..

The slots are accessed as individual CD devices, ie a lone 4 CD changer
on a system will get acd0, acd1, acd2 and acd3 and each CD can be
accessed through those...

Did that solve your problem, or did I missunderstand your questions ?

-Søren