Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:52:06 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Craig Butler <craig001@lerwick.hopto.org>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cassini nic driver - help required to port across driver from openbsd to freebsd

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 11:49:42AM +0100, Craig Butler wrote:
 > > I think it wouldn't be hard to make basic Tx/Rx work.
 > basic Tx/Rx would be a good start, at least me b1600 wouldn't be an
 > expensive brick.
 >
 > Fancy giving it a shot?  I don't even know where to start.. maybe try
 > and compile up the OpenBSD driver on a FreeBSD box ?

If you use OpenBSD driver as base, you may have to change a lot of
DMA related code due to bus_dma(9) differences. After converting
DMA code, other parts would be straightforward to make it work on
FreeBSD. Sun released Cassini documentation with sanitization. The
data sheet lacks errata information and hardware internals but it
still has a lot of useful information.
http://www.sun.com/processors/manuals/cs_plus.pdf

If you have interests in other Sun data sheet, check
http://wikis.sun.com/display/FOSSdocs/Home

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon