Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:16:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo@americasnet.com>
To:        FreeBSD ISP list <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   kernel not recognizing second IDE drive

Hi!

I've just installed a second IDE drive in a small system... The bios picks
it up fine; it's set up as the primary slave (second drive on same
connector).

When booting, the bios reports the drive; the boot sequence recognizes it
because it gives two options: F1 and F5 for booting. However, when freebsd
boots, it only reports wcd0 (wd0) and shows nothing of wd1.

If I try to run fdisk on wd1, it says the device is "not configured"...

Is my kernel lacking something? Do I need to recompile it with another
configuration?

Thanks for any help...

Ricardo