Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:44:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
To:        Mike Whitley <mwhitley@borg.proceon.com>
Cc:        Bill Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600E and Xfree....

--0-537531315-943029883=:3280

Attached is my config file for my laptop.  This is an out of box
situation.  I am using the xircom 10/100 card and a 3com xjack modem.
All done with a little tinkering with pccard.conf.  Make sure you are

Hope this helps

Chris

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Mike Whitley wrote:

> Chris -
>
> Do you have your 600E working with a "PCMCIA" Ethernet card?
> If so, what steps did you go through to get it working?  I
> basically installed 3.3-stable/then the PAO binaries/then
> the PAO sources.  I since have been going thru kernel recompiles
> to try and get /dev/pcic0 recognized.  Unfortunately, I have
> had no luck...that's when I saw that there were some earlier
> patches available for 2.2.7 to patch relavent source and header
> files.  Did you patch 3.3 or was it an "out of box" situation?
> Sorry for the continued questions...I've done tons of Desktops
> with FreeBSD but this is my first laptop.
>
> Thanks
>
> - Mike Whitley
>

> On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Christopher T. Griffiths wrote:
>
> > Actually I am not using cardbus for this laptop.  I am using the standard
> > pc-card setup with FreeBSD 3.3 -stable.  I believe cardbus is not yet
> > supported under PAO as well as -stable.  From reading -current they are
> > working on bringing in cardbus support.  Although cardbus controllers will
> > still work with the pc-card setup since they should be backward
> > compatible.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Mike Whitley wrote:
> >

> > > I second that...the 600E has a NeoMagic MagicMedia 256AV (per IBM
> > > website)  which works well at 1024x768/16.  I have a 1552 with the
> > > same adapter...the mouse setting that seems to work is /dev/psm0 with
> > > Microsoft protocol.  I am curious to find out if you have your
> > > cardbus support working at this point?  I think the 600E and 1552
> > > both have the O2Micro OZ6832/6833 Cardbus Controller...Did you
> > > apply the earlier 2.2.7 patch? or is there some other workaround?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > - Mike Whitley

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the message

Christopher T. Griffiths
Senior Network/Systems Administrator
Quansoo Group Inc.
cgriffiths@quansoo.com
Phone:   (302) 777-4141
Fax:     (302) 777-4142
Mobile:  (302) 521-3436

--0-537531315-943029883=:3280
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--0-537531315-943029883=:3280--