Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:55:48 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Alan Judge <Alan.Judge@indigo.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Target busy and other errors

>[Fun day.  This is a different machine.]
>
>I upgraded another machine here to 2.2-STABLE this morning.  It was
>running 2.2-GAMMA and was giving the odd SCSI error.  The machine only
>stayed up a few hours before hanging completely.  Symptoms were a
>burst of "sd0(ahc0:0:0): Target Busy" errors then a burst of other
>stuff about SCBs and so on, before a panic on freeing a free inode and
>a hang (with more SCB stuff) after the syncing disk message.  (Sorry I
>don't have more info, but the machine was important and was rebooted
>before I got a chance to write things down.)

I just committed one bug fix that might affect you since you are using
SCB paging.  I'm also working with JDP on what I believe is a very similar
problem to what you're seeing with the target busy errors.  I have a hunch
on it, and once I have a solution, you'll see the commit.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations