Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:02:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.2 panic with AHA-2940 ... fixed

> You probably just had one out of date KLD.  There aren't any real
> issues with "too many" KLDs (I occasionally test by loading all of
> them).

I recompile all my kld's every time I rebuild a kernel to make sure
they're up to date... I'm running -STABLE so it automatically rebuilds
them every time (I'm sure about this... because in order to keep from
building them now I use -DNO_MODULES because I'm not using them
anymore) There must be a problem in there some where... I have no idea
where though... although every time I got the crash it happened in the
same exact place in the code... I traced it using kgdb on my crash dumps

Ken