Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:35:56 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@lanl.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sharing files within a cluster

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 04:14:19PM -0700, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > Lustre is in use on the MCR cluster (http://www.llnl.gov/linux/mcr/) that
> > comes in at 5 on the latest top 500 list (http://www.top500.org/) of super
> > computers.  I'm pretty sure that is the biggest cluster currently using
> > it.
>
> we're using it here too when our 1024 comes up.

I assume you mean ASCI Pink?

> It's good stuff and ought to be capable of working on freebsd.

Sure, it just needs someone with time to port it.  I see you were also
looking into what needs to done to get LinuxBIOS booting FreeBSD on
freebsd-hackers.  It would be nice to get that, a cluster filesystem
and a BProc/MOSIX type piece of functionality ported to FreeBSD.

I'm assuming I need some assembly skills and familiarity with BIOS calls
to look at the LinuxBIOS piece?  Or do you have a good handle on the
problem and just need to railroad the changes through?

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org