Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:39:24 -0500
From:      Drew Derbyshire - UUPC/extended software support <software@kew.com>
To:        "Michael V. Harding" <mvh@netcom.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'Code Freeze'

Michael V. Harding wrote:
> I'll have to agree with the below - my experience has been that the
> CDs are the LEAST stable releases.

I agree.  I only use the 2.2.5 CD-ROM for the ports disc.

> There always seems to be some ugly bug discovered
> within a month of the CD going to press

This is very true.  It occurred to me at one point suggest that another point
be added to the 2.2.5 release (2.2.5.1) to fix all the minor problems.  But
that should be the function of the 2.2.? level.

Put another way, why did the disk slice code have to go onto -stable?  How did
it "improve" the stable environment?

--
Drew Derbyshire         UUPC/extended e-mail:  software@kew.com
                                   Telephone:  617-279-9812

"Never test for a bug you don't know how to fix."       - QA manager