Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:10:47 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tripwire

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 07:58:03PM -0800, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:
> The commercial version, Version 2, which Tripwresecurity has made the
> Linux version of the source available, which I might port to FreeBSD as
> well, adds new signatures, improves memory utilisation reducing paging
> and increases the number of files that can be monitored before tripwire
> dies.  It also has an interface to the Tripwire console, which allows a
> central security administrator to monitor 100-200 UNIX and NT systems,
> freeing up UNIX and NT admin staff to do more rewarding work.

There were patches to get it working under FreeBSD posted to the list,
should be able to find it in the archives, but I can't remember the
location of the patches off the top of my head.

Also, there was recently a posting saying that FreeBSD support was
being integrated into the Tripwire CVS repository.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Mobile: 0419 868 494