Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 20:07:27 -0500
From:      StevenR362@aol.com
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Alpha install problems

In a message dated 96-11-23 14:19:30 EST, phk@critter.tfs.com (Poul-Henning
Kamp) writes:

> >My main problem is that once the ftp install from ftp.freebsd.org starts
>  >going and transfers a few tens or hundreds of k, the connection drops.
>  >The ppp log shows "** 1 Too many ECHO packets are lost. **"
>  >Is this a network problem to wcarchive or a rudeness on the part of my
ISP?

>  Try to say "disable lcp" and "deny lcp" to ppp

Actually it is "disable lqr" and "deny lqr" :)
But thanks for the hint.  It seems to have me up and running now.

I have to say that the new sysinstall is much more robust and re-entrant now.
It no longer hangs and is much smarter if you retry an operation again.  A
big improvement over the 2.0.5 and 2.1R versions.

Thanks again

Steve