Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:27:47 +0100
From:      Olaf Greve <o.greve@axis.nl>
To:        Herve Boulouis <amon@sockar.homeip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with Adaptec 2200S on -amd64

Hi Herve (and others),

>>>Do you have the 'aacp' device enabled?  If so, remove it.
> No, I have removed aacp from kernel config.

FWIW: I have the 'Dell' RAID controller that is essentially the Adaptec
  2200S (I can't recall the exact Dell part nr. from memory) running
just fine under FBSD 5.4-Release AMD64, with a custom kernel and aacp
enabled...

One 'tiny' detail though: my bl**dy MoBo doesn't have PCI-64 slots (yes,
I know, it WILL get upgraded in due time ;) ), so my RAID controller is
running in the downgraded U160 mode rather than the U320 mode....

HTH, and Cheers,
Olafo