Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 20:48:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Fuzzy <fuzzy@pooh.ASARian.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how can I filter on subject with sendmail 8.12.6?

we're having a problem with some cracker using addresses
harvested from whois and the "abuse/www/webmaster" with
domains they get from the database. The mail appears to
come from us but it cannot as the addresses are oneway incoming
only.

the subject is always

"XXX templates"

It claims its advertising for www.liquid2d.com,
their website says:

"
Liquid 2D is being attacked by a group calling itself the 'asian WAREZ
crackers' who are trying to disrupt our business. They are sending out
massive amounts of spam mail to anger people and are using open mail
servers to send it out. We are taking this issue very seriously and have
submitted a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Department and are
working with them to resolve this issue. We are receiving thousands of
e-mails a day and our business is being disturbed tremendously.

From the responses we are receiving, the spam mail appears to be mostly
targeted at lists of government and webmaster e-mail addresses. If you
have received at least one e-mail from them, chances are good that you
will receive more before this is over. We suggest that you filter any
messages from liquid2d.com and talk to your IT department to see if they
can implement a system-wide block. Please do not open any attachments that
are included with the spam mail since they could contain viruses.

We are a reputable company and we do not employ such tactics to promote
our company. We apologize again and hope to resolve this situation as soon
as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

Liquid 2D
"