Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 2013 21:20:41 -0400
From:      Lynn Steven Killingsworth <quiet.rainbows.llc@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Availability of downloads

   Hi FreeBSD -
   Since PCBSD takes care of all these details this is not actually a
   complaint.
   When I was using FreeBSD the only server I could get packages from was
   in Japan which did so every time although the packages seemed rarely
   changed.
   I discovered the FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT a few days past and since I have
   2 machines I thought it would be interesting.  I pointed the ports
   repository to the ports file in the 10.0-CURRENT but when I try to
   fetch there are always missing packages which causes the machine not to
   download any packages at all.  If I just had gotten the Xorg
   metapackage and KDE metapackage.
   The kicker of course is that I told several ladies what to do and they
   are still downloading after an hour.   ;~)
--
Steve [Blue Seahorse]  ;~)
Quiet Rainbows, LLC