Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:44:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        chuckr@mat.net (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mousen

> > Not quite; I've got a couple of Alps Glidepoint keyboards which have 3
> > button trackpad pointing devices.  Plus, these things also support the
> > "tap" gesture as a 4th virtual button.  I don't know if they're still
> > available any longer, though.
>
> Wonderful, I'd given up!  I found a webpage, I'll see if the really sell
> it (or the web page is just stale) tomorrow.

You haven't covered 3D force feedback devices yet.  The force feedback
of the IBM widget is what makes it work so well (push hard - moves fast,
push light - crawls).  I'm not sure what you'll do with the Z axis.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval