Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 20:48:57 -0500
From:      Michael Horton <handh@netten.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Zoom vs Sportster

At 08:14 PM 9/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>From an ISP standpoint we've had a horrible time with Zooms upgraded to
>V.90.  If your ISP uses Livingston Portmasters with the V.90 upgrade
>you're better off staying with KFlex.
>
>On the otherhand, our Livingstons have had great success connecting to USR
>modems with V.90 out of the box.

Chris,

If one has the money, a USR Courier modem is the best.  Its reliability and
robustness is much better than the Sportster.  I have used the cheaper/less
expensive modems before and have found that the Courier family is worth the
extra.

As I have grown older I find that I like the full-featured modems better!

HTH,

MH