Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:40:52 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, dunham@dunham.org
Subject:   Re: very slow scsi performance

On Feb 19, 12:54pm, Greg Lehey wrote:

} >>> and 2.1 were solid).  This, of course, only applies to the 2.5-inch
} >>> drives, but it's an indication that IBM doesn't walk on water.  Based
} >>> upon what I see internally (and I don't see everything), I'd choose
} >>> IBM first, Fujitsu second, Quantum third, and Seagate fourth, but that
} >>> ranking could easily be scrambled if you based it upon individual
} >>> products, rather than overall records.

} IDE drives are a different matter, but I think you're still being
} unfair.  A lot of IDE drives differ from SCSI drives only by the
} interface.

He's also talking about 2.5-inch drives.  So far as I know there aren't
any 2.5-inch SCSI drives.

			---  Truck