Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:53:17 +0100
From:      HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        jreis@student.dei.uc.pt
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to install FreeBSD to the Third partation of a extend partation?

Hello,

It is not possible to install FreeBSD in an extended partition (the
partition must be bootable and an extended partition is not bootable)

You may cut your extended partition to get a new "normal" partition
(that is : leave 700 Megs in the existing extened part and get 700 Megs
in a new partition nr 2)

I don't know if FIPS (the repartitioning tool which comes with FreeBSD)
can do this, but if it does not, look at the "partition magic" set of
tool.

	TfH