Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:27:43 +0000
From:      Rik <freebsd-security@rikrose.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why is web mode (-w) disabled in ntop port?

Hi all,

I saw ntop in action at BSDCon Europe, and I have decided to try it out
for myself. I primarily wanted to tinker with the web interface, only to
find that it has been unconditionally disabled with a patch applied by
the ports tree.

I was wondering: Why? IT simply says it was disabled "for security
reasons". Does it hae some kind of dire security problem which hasn't
yet been resolved, except by disabling the feature?

And can someone tell be whether it was better ettiquette to ask the list
rather than the port maintainer directly?

rik
--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F