Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:39:08 +0200
From:      Prometheus <prometheus@gmx.ch>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache and namebased vhosts without specified IP?

Hello,
I'm searching for a solution that would enable me to use name based
vhosts without a specified IP on Apache 1.3.19. The reason for this is
that I want to have the vhosts load balanceable without worrying which server
needs which config file. Ideally, Apache should respond on all IPs
which aren't used for IP based vhosts with the same stuff and just
look at the HTTP header to determine what content it should deliver.

I'd like to have something like
<VirtualHost>
</VirtualHost>

Instead of the conventional

<VirtualHost xxx.yyy.zzz.www>
</VirtualHost>

Has anyone got any idea as how this could be done?