Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:50:49 -0500
From:      Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>
To:        ocean@ecenet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help, can't send messages to Freebsd.org!

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 at 11:37:04 -0600, Nicole Porter wrote:
> Ok, I'm now trying to use my wife's hotmail account to send a
> message, because I have been trying for four days now with my account.
> These are the email addresses I've tried:
> freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> questions@freebsd.org
> jkh@freebsd.org
>
> All come up with the same error message, as follows.  The message
> says I  don't need to resend, but my message never ends up on the
> list.

Heh, I saw 4 of the same message and even replied to one of them.

> Is my server blocked?  My normal email address is ocean@ecenet.com
> Please do not send to this account, send to me directly.

No, but the project's mail server denies mail from hosts that don't
resolve, which is the error you were seeing.

- jim

--
- jim mock <mij@osdn.com> - O|S|D|N - open source development network -
- http://www.freebsdzine.org/ - jim@freebsdzine.org - jim@FreeBSD.org -