Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:40:14 +0100
From:      Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrading the system: via sources or freebsd-update?

Hi all,
I have a FreeBSD box and I=92d like to know the pros and cons of the =20
base system maintenance using the sources vs freebsd-update.

At this time, I=92m using cvsup, following the steps described in the =20=

handbook <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/=20
cutting-edge.html> and it works fine, but I=92m curious about the =20
possible advantages of freebsd-update, in particular the rollback =20
feature.

Is freebsd-update a better way to keep your system up to date? Should =20=

I stick with the source approach?

Thank you in advance
--
Giorgio Valoti