Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:55:55 +0900 (JST)
From:      Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        imp@bsdimp.com
Cc:        peter@wemm.org, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, mdodd@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The cbus driver for pc98

In article <20030217.103016.58455672.imp@bsdimp.com>
"M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> writes:

> Cbus is to ISA as CardBus is to PCI in many ways.  Cbus is very much
> like ISA in all but a few details.  CardBus is pci with a few twists
> and turns that differ.  If you look at how we've implemented cardbus,
> you'll see that we've tried to do it as a 'subclass' of the pci bus.
> We implement the PCI interfaces in the cardbus bus code, even though
> it is not really a pci bus.  I'd propose that cbus implements the ISA
> interfaces in a similar manner.

If my understanding is not a mistake, the CardBus specifications is
derived from the PCI.  Therefore, I can understand that the cardbus
driver depend on the pci driver.  But, the Cbus is NOT derived from
the ISA.  So, I think that the cbus driver should not depend on the
isa driver.

---
TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro <nyan@FreeBSD.org>