Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:55:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The infamous dying daemons bug

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, David E. Cross wrote:

> Does this happen to everyone,   I personally have *never* seen it happen,
> and I have run quite a few systems run with full memory utilization.

If it was happening to everyone as much as it was happening to
me, I seriously doubt 3.0 would have ever reached release
status...having inetd die every 6 to 24 hours, httpd and sendmail
every couple days is pretty intolerable.

I've bumped my swap from 128 to 256 (I have 64 of real ram) and
will see how that goes...it will take a couple days to tell.

-john