Date:      Fri, 08 Aug 2008 07:46:06 -0400
From:      David Gurvich <david.gurvich@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless (Edimax EW-7128g / ral) to work on FreeBSD 7.0

I'm not sure of your settings, but increasing tx power is only good for
transmitting and will increase noise, hurting reception.  Your S:N
numbers look quite poor, I rarely get any handshake when signal is that
bad. I'm surprised you managed to get a dhcp offer.

Have you tried this computer in the same location as the windows
machines?  How far from the router are you compared to those?