Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:04:15 -0800
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java for FreeBSD

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:28:14AM -0500, Mikhail Kruk wrote:
> Thank you guys for the great job!!
> I'm sitting here testing the stuff. Native threads seem to be in decent
> shape but gui applications seem to cause signal 1 almost always (Swing
> sooner, awt later).
> Plugin is really impressive! Even sound works.

If you're using native threading with Swing, then you've run into a
problem with signal delivery that has yet to be worked out. SIGUSR1
I believe isn't being caught for some reason and it's one of the last
bugs that prevent the native threading implemenation from fully working
at this time. I'm not sure what other bugs are left once this has been
squashed.

There's also a problem in the pthreads library that inappropriately
wakes a thread without checking to see if it was marked as suspended.
Hopefully, that'll be worked out soon.

I'm still HotSpot hacking over here.

bill