Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 98 11:59:09 -0400
From:      wayne@msen.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Gated / OSPF and ETinc cards

We are in the process of evaluating ETinc T1 cards to use as router
ports in PPP mode and a bandwidth manager.  I've got the cards running,
but I'm unable to get gated/OSPF to come up (the remote router remains
in INIT state).  This is typically due to a port not running in
MULTICAST state and, in fact, ifconfig shows this to be the case:

eth1: flags=51<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING> mtu 1500
	inet 148.59.21.130 --> 148.59.21.129 netmask 0xfffffffc

I'm assuming that I'm missing something obvious here.

/\/\ \/\/