Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:02:27 +0100
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cloned open support

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001, Brian Somers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering having a crack at adding support for cloned opens.
> Before I start, I guess I've got two questions:
>
> 1.  Is anybody else doing this.

I'm not, but I'd like this to also be able to percolate through VFS.
This way, synthetic filesystems such as procfs can attach temporary
state per file, keeping things "consistent" between reads. (which does
not happen right now.)

Just to keep in mind,

adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Programming is like sex:
<adrian@freebsd.org>		   One mistake and you have to support for