Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 1997 21:09:43 -0600
From:      Allen Hyer <allenh@wtrt.net>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>, HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU (Dave Hummel)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: normal ftp blah blah

[snip]
>>         My idea is to let newbies answer other newbies' questions and have
>> someone moderate. That way there will be a forum for those of us who ask
dumb
>> questions as well as those who are too afraid to ask dumb questions.
>
>Dave,
>	i thinnk that this is a very good idea.  we need a volunteer
>	to step froward and moderate the list  (i cant devote the
>	time to do the list justice.)
[snip]

I too would like to see such a list (see my previous post about static vs
dynamically linked binaries).  Sometimes I am reluctant to post such
questions because I know they aren't "hard" questions to answer.  But, when
you don't know something, no matter how "easy" it may be, you still need to
be able to find an answer.

While on the subject of newbie questions, I would like to thank everyone
who has helped me over the last few months.  I feel I am starting to get a
grasp of the operating system, thanks to many people's help.  To the team,
great OS!

BTW, I am one of the ones who "stumbled" onto the FreeBSD OS.  I was having
problems getting Linux to do what I needed, so I tried FreeBSD after
"accidentally" finding the web site.  It has been a great success!

Allen Hyer
System Administrator
West Texas Rural Telephone