Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:03:00 -0400
From:      Anatole Shaw <shaw@autoloop.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: advisory coordination (Re: SA-02:35)

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 12:08:36PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> What do you propose?

I think that a policy of issuing "early warning" advisories, as Colin
Percival extrapolated from my original post, is one right solution.  That
is, an incomplete advisory is better than no advisory at all, when bug
details (i.e. patch) are already circulating.

Some other OS vendors issue advisories that say little more than "hurry up
and download the patch," but at least those make admins aware that an
issue exists.  I'd be happy to help make a (better, obviously) "early
warning system" happen for FreeBSD, if people agree that it's a good idea.
We're all on the same boat here.

Regards,

--
Anatole Shaw