Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:24:44 +0100
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        swell.k@gmail.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Testers wanted] vt100/xterm-support for syscons

--n7Uw1KoBlYAJvhhj

* swell.k@gmail.com <swell.k@gmail.com> wrote:
> Typing in `tcsh -f' (TERM=3Dxterm)
>=20
>     foo`^Abar
>=20
> results in
>=20
>     rabfoo`
>=20
> with *characters* (not cursor) going from left to right. Cursor stays
> at the beginning of line until one types ^R (redisplay).
> Never happens with TERM=3Dcons25 or TERM=3Dvt100. Any ideas why?

Hmmmm... Strange thing is that I can't seem to reproduce this. Maybe the
terminal emulator stayed stuck in insert mode? Maybe you can reproduce
this for me by doing the following.

Go to /sys/dev/syscons/teken and run `make'. This will create a binary
called `teken_demo', which is a testing utility that simulates a
terminal using exactly the same code as syscons.

Just run this binary from an xterm (or at least a terminal we trust) and
see if you can reproduce it there. A nice thing is that you can just
restart the application, so we have a better picture of what triggered
this behaviour.

> BTW, it would be nice if xterm emulation support extension to display
> 256 colors
>=20
>      :AB=3D\E[48;5;%dm:\
>      :AF=3D\E[38;5;%dm:
>=20
> at least up to first batch of 8 colors and ignoring rest.

The reason why I didn't add support for 256 colors, is because it would
require fundamental changes to all syscons drivers as well. I'll look in
to it after I've committed this version.

Thanks for testing the patch!

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/