Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        dreamwvr <dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
Cc:        "laurens van alphen (craxx)" <freebsd.small@lists.craxx.nl>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using a CD for firewalls

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, dreamwvr wrote:

> Hi,
> > How about diskless?  pxeldr works and if you have at least one Intel NIC
> pxeldr?
> can you point me to a url? seem to have missed that animal..

sys/i386/boot/pxeboot

It's relatively new .. it's a wrapped loader(8) that can grok the PXE
environment and load the kernel and bits over NFS (or TFTP).  Just specify
the pxeboot binary as the tftp image to load in your DHCP server and set
an appropriate root-path and you're in business.  See pxeboot(8) for
details.

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org