Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:15:29 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!

In message <19991210160247.DF62D1CA0@overcee.netplex.com.au>, Peter Wemm writes
:
>> I'd say, cut loose the wd driver.  (VoxWare removed would be cool too.)
>
>If half as much energy was spent adding the missing bits of functionality
>to the new systems as people have been spending complaining it then we'd be
>there ages ago.  Trying desperately to prolong the agony by keeping the old
>stuff on life support is counter productive.

I can only agree, with all the stuff there is on front of us, the
entire of energy people put into defending code which is rotting
away is wasted.

Please, help Sos fix ATA if you know of a problem.

Please, help fix PCCARD if you know of a problem.

Please DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE, rather than whine.

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!