Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 11:46:46 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        gj@FreeBSD.org, chuckr%Glue.umd.edu@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Debugging

> I think that people oughta know about this....the interface that the tgdb
> package provides to the gdb debugger is so graphical!  And useful,
> colorful, this is the most useful debugger I've seen.  Anyone else
> interested, I'll be glad to go over what I had to do to get it running.
> I sure recommend looking at tgdb, even if you're not in the middle of a
> development project, just to see a really neat example of a tcl based
> application.  Unlike ups, it didn't have any incompatibilities with the
> existing gdb version, it just uses it, not recompiles it.

Uh, well, a _port_ for this baby sure wouldn't hurt!  It doesn't matter if
it's shareware since we don't have to actually provide it in binary form,
we can do JUST a port without an associated package.

This would help many people discover the magic of tgdb that wouldn't otherwise
do so (like ME, for example - I haven't the time to track down the bits and
generally won't bother with something if it's not a port).

						Jordan