Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:37:02 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Devadas Patil <dpatil@cisco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jfc apps on freeBSD

> My JFC application that works acceptably on other platforms
> has the following problems on FreeBSD:

Hmm, this is strange.  My JFC application works fine under FreeBSD,
although performance is less than stellar.

> 1. The main dialog (JFrame) does not want to resize

Is it a dialog of a Frame?  I can resize my JFrame code w/no problem.

> 2. Child modal dialogs do not display the title even though a title has
> been asigned.  They simply display "Untitled ..."

This is probably a bug with the JDK and your window manager.  Titles
were messed up and we fixed most of them, but there are probably other
fixes that didn't get finished.

> 3.  Even though I specify an image for iconification, it does not display
> it when iconified.

??? Can you give some example code so we can test this?

> 4.  Accelerator keys do not seem to respond to (Alt) combinations.  I have
> experienced this problem on other UNIX flavors too.

AFAIK, Accelerators don't work reliably under unix.

Nate