Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:04:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Sam=20Pikesley?= <samdavidpikesley@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org, olivas@digiflux.org, chris@unixpages.org
Subject:   RE: Project to improve FreeBSD PR

If you want a slashdot-style frontpage, why not use
/usr/ports/www/slash? Very easy to install on FreeBSD
(extremely painful on Linux ;), it Just Works (tm).

Just my two pence

Sam
;)

--- Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li> wrote: > hi!

>  i started php coding for a (free)bsd eventssite
> yesterday, but i fear it will take me until the end
> of the next week before i can show you the first
> version because its semester's end at university and
> i have some exams to pass.
>
> my idea is to have a frontpage like freshmeat or
> slashdot for an overview of big events, like bsdcon
> and a tablestyle overview which is sortable by
> country, date and name for all entries including a
> detail page for every event telling you about
> location, entry fee, website and overview and
> details like that.
>
> i am not sure if there's a need for a forum - i am
> also thinking about a mailinglist which
> automatically posts additions to the database.
>
> tell me what you think about my ideas.
>
> today i had a look at the new issues of c't and iX
> (biggest german computer tech magazines) and there
> is _no_ mentioning of freebsd 5 at all.
>
> shall i send them our press release by fax?
>
> does anyone have relations to heise( publisher of
> these magazines)?
> i found it funny that they had new mysql version as
> their headliner but no word about freebsd.
>

> another thing that i am wondering about is how do i
> get material for a freebsd booth. there is an
> opensource event in every major city in austria
> between mai and june called linuxweeks
> (www.linuxwochen.at) i had a talk with one of the
> "managers" and they would also like to see a freebsd
> booth. i think it would be nice to sell some of the
> freebsd 5.x isos, shirts and have some
> material/handouts for the visitors.
>
> greets, josef

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-advocacy" in the body of
> the message

=====
The Romans didn't build a great empire by organising meetings. They did it by killing anyone that got in their way.
                               -- K. Bates