Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 97 08:45:52
From:      me@corecom.net (Michael A. Endsley)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Geometry questions

Hello,
I have read all I can and searched all I could for "easy info" for
installing FreeBSD-
hence my question here.
I have a dos partion set aside for FreeBSD which is my "E" drive. FreeBSD
shows me 3 slices:
Primary (dos)
extended (dos)
OS2

Also, 2 "slices" that show none. I assume the first small area is MBR
FreeBSD wants me to use the bottom item on the list of slices but the
numbers don't corresond to what I have set aside (E-drive)
When my HD is probed at the beginning, it shows the correct numbers for my
WD 1.6G drive. Can anybody help me or do you need more info?
Thanks from a total newbie (just downloaded the floppy installation disk 3
days ago). Mike

THIS MACHINE IS POWERED WITH OS/2 WARP!
me@corecom.net
http://www.corecom.net/endsley/