Date:      23 Jul 2002 11:05:42 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        "Ken" <ken@carnahan.ws>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wireless and FreeBsd

"Ken" <ken@carnahan.ws> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody tried any of the wireless network cards with FreeBsd ?
>
> I'm considering one of the Dlink wireless setups for home. I have 1 windows
> box and 1 freebsd box. I'm sure the windows box would have no problems.

I had wireless working on FreeBSD when I had an ISA - PCMCIA
bridge. Since I moved to PCI, I've not been able to get it working.

I'm not sure what the status of the D-Link cards, but the Lucent
WaveLAN cards which many people OEM work quite well.

HTH.

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    It could be dangerous... A lot of killing...