Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:41:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More breakage in -current as a result of header frobbing.

[Chuck writes:]

>I think Jordan and Greg both have points they are correct about.  What
>about making a web page that the offender gets put on ... nothing
>incredibly horrible, just a rogues gallery (I broke current on 00/00/00
>with a commit to " ... ".  [Followed up with John Dyson as an example]

People are confusing some issues here, and Terry pointed this out to me.
Chuck is wrong, because John in fact does *not* often break the tree. His
stuff makes it unstable and crash, but that's not the problem here. The
problem here is people committing stuff that won't even *compile*. Hello?
Everyone on the same thread yet?  The problem here is getting the tree to
just *compile*.  We'll worry about it actually *working* later!  You can't
jump to an unstable -current until you can compile it!

Brian